RECIPE: 15 MIN CARBONARA
Carbonara is a staple of Italian cooking, and yet, most people are scared of making it!
Let me show you this super quick and easy recipe that will have you making this meal on a weekly basis!
Make sure to check out our Recipe Planners!
- 160g smoked cubed pancetta
- 2 small shallots - chopped
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 300g tagliatelle dried pasta
- 100g pecorino cheese - grated
- 3 eggs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Set your pan to medium heat, heat up the oil and start frying your shallots with pancetta.
- In the meantime, grate pecorino cheese into a jug and add in 3 whole eggs. Mix in with a fork.
- Boil water to cover the tagliatelle fully in a separate pot and make sure this only cooks for 10 minutes.
- When pasta is nearly cooked, add garlic to the pan, fry it for a bit and then drain the pasta and add it to the pan with shallots and pancetta.
- Mix it all in and turn off the heat completely.
- Wait for about 1 minute and then add in the cheese with egg mixture. You do not want the egg to cook, which is why you need to wait.
- The pecorino cheese and eggs will form a gorgeous creamy sauce that will stick to your pasta and voila! You've made your carbonara!
* I normally serve this dish with some garlic bread and a fresh salad with avocado, tomatoes and spring onions.
*per 1 portion
Preparation Time: 15 min